Integration of dermatopathology and immunofluorescence testing is instrumental in the diagnosis and classification of immunologic disorders, helping you to provide superior care to your patients. We offer direct immunofluorescence, including salt-split specimens, to diagnose:
- Blistering diseases (bullous/prodromal/cicatricial pemphigoid, pemphigus vulgaris, pemphigus foliaceus, paraneoplastic pemphigus, dermatitis herpetiformis, epidermolysis bullosa acquisita, linear IgA dermatosis, porphyria cutanea tarda)
- Connective tissue diseases (lupus erythematosus, dermatomyositis)
- Vasculitis (Henoch-Schonlein purpura)
You will have direct contact with our dermatopathologists regarding your cases.
- 24-48 hour turnaround time DIF performed on skin and mucosal tissue
- Processing in our CLIA-approved laboratory
- Accurate, concise reporting with histologic correlation
- Photographs available upon request
- Direct communication with our faculty
How to Send a Specimen for Direct Immunofluorescence Testing
Please follow our disease-specific DIF Biopsy Guidelines for optimal tissue procurement. Place tissue specimen into the green direct immunofluorescence vial that we provide. Store at room temperature. Complete requisition form, and mail or schedule a courier pickup.
Download our Supply Order Form or call to request complimentary Direct Immunofluorescence bottles, requisition forms, and preprinted FedEx air bills (courier service available for offices located in the Greater St. Louis area).